Importance of a Morning Routine
Getting into a morning routine is not easy. It is especially hard if you have not practiced a morning routine for an extended period of time. However, the benefits of a morning routine can easily be seen in the lives of many successful people. To name a few as well as their routines:
· Arianna Huffington – Founder of Huffington Post
Arianna never looks at her smartphone when she wakes in the morning. Before drowning her day out with technology, she spends time in silence and setting her intention for the day.
· Brad Feld – Venture capitalist at Foundry Group
Brad starts every morning with his ‘four minutes in the morning’. This is the time where he sits with his wife and a cup of coffee and they talk while listening to the birds sing.
· Biz Stone – Cofounder of Twitter and Medium
The first thing that Biz does every morning is spend time playing a game with his son. This allows him time to bond and also to relax before his day begins.
· Oprah Winfrey – Television personality
Oprah starts each day with 20 minutes of meditation, a minimum of 15 minutes on a treadmill, followed by a walk or a healthy breakfast. She says this prepares her for the day and ‘tunes her in’.
From the list above, we can see that there may be a distinct link between successful people and having a strict morning routine.
The reason that morning routines tend to work in helping you get a jump on the day are varied. They include the fact that having a routine brings stability and order to your standard and usual pattern of events, they give you clear guidelines on what to do in circumstances where you feel like you are out of your depth, and they ground you to a certain way of life that allows you comfort and security.
To create your own unique morning routine, here are a few simple things you could attempt:
· Set a Time - Set a time that you will wake up each morning. Be realistic about this and don’t try to be over-eager about getting more out of your day than you will be able to successfully manage.
· Disconnect – Try and avoid technology when you first wake up in the morning. During the day we are bombarded by enough technology that a break in the morning will help us in preparing for the day at length.
· Exercise – There is nothing better to get your mind and body alert than to spend time working out in the morning. This will invigorate your mind and ger you ready for the day.
· Eat Healthy – Most people say that they don’t have the time for a proper meal in the morning. However, having a proper, balanced meal in the morning sets you up to have a great day and leave you feeling good.
· Meditation – Spend some time in meditation to reset your mind, body, and soul to ensure that you start the day fresh and renewed.
Using these simple steps you could develop your own morning routine that will boost your energy, confidence, and thought processes so that you can get the most out of every single day!